SlamJamz Central: FOLLOWUP: MATT ASKS FOR FAN FEEDBACK

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

FOLLOWUP: MATT ASKS FOR FAN FEEDBACK

Perhaps due to the number of articles that have appeared over the past two or three days concerning his future (including my own), Matt Hardy is taking his question to the fans. He posted the following on his message board today:

Greetings Amigos!

I hope this message finds everyone healthy and happy. Recently, it seems that alot of people are discussing several different possible scenarios in my future. There's a ton of speculation about everything concerning Matt Hardy these days--but I want all of my fans and supporters to know that I have always been honest with them. With that said, I have a hypothetical question for everyone. In a perfect world, where do you wish Matt Hardy would end up wrestling in the future and why? If you respond, put some time and thought into your answer--I look forward to seeing what everyone says.

Until then...Matt

Try as I might, I have been unable to post my direct response to his letter on his board, because it won't let me register as a member of the board. So I decided to take some initiatve and send it to him via e-mail.

Below is the brutally honest, frank letter I sent him just a few moments ago:


Matt,

I've tried to post this on your board, but I had not registered previously, and no matter what I do, I have been unable to register.

I wrote a column on this very subject today, but there I was speaking ot the masses.
Here, I'm going to speak directly to you. I don't know what everyone else here is saying, nor do I care. Chances are good that they are saying what THEY want to see, not necessarily what is best for YOU.

Here is my honest opinion: If you go back to WWE without at least giving yourself a new challenge for a while with TNA, or in Japan or indies, you will regret it for the rest of your life.

TNA is offering you a chance that comes along once in a lifetime. If you pass it up, you will never know if your personal circumstances could have been the ignition point to launch something HUGE. You will never know if you could be an incredible champion, because there is no doubt in my mind that TNA will give you a championship sooner rather than later. You'll never have the chance to grow and move forward as a performer. And most importantly, you'll never have the chance to prove to Vince that Triple H is WRONG about you. That you CAN draw. Do you really want to swallow that pride for the rest of your natural life?

If the fans who are saying they want to see you back in WWE, because you belong there, don't realize that once your feud with Edge is over you'll be absolutely and undeniably BURIED for the remainder of your contract there, they're living in a dream world.

The ONLY way I'd go back to WWE right now if I were you is if Vincent Kennedy McMahon fullfills the following four conditions:


1) Double the salary and benefits you had at the time of your release. Not NEAR Double, but DOUBLE.

2) COMPLETE creative control over all storylines concerning you, with final approval rights IN WRITING.

3) A guaranteed run with one of the WWE top titles for at least ONE YEAR.

4) Vince McMahon must come to the ring, get down on his knees, and publically acknowledge that he let Laurinatis fire you because it was more convienent, and that he was WRONG to do so, and that it was the WRONG thing to do, and beg you to come back for the "good of the company".

Anything less, and I'd way until a few years down the road to return to WWE, and only then if you were truly unhappy in TNA.

The ball is in your court, and as a loyal fan of both yourself and your brother Jeff, I will continue to watch you whereever you may end up. As a fan it will be my job to accept and support your decision. But, being as bluntly honest as I have been above, I think returning to WWE at this time would be the biggest mistake of your life.

I have posted this letter for my readers to see on my blog, and will encourage them to offer their two cents worth as well.

Sincerely,

TC Kirkham
"Slamjamz Central" Columnist
PWInsider.Com
and
SlamJamz Central Blog
http://slamjamz.blogspot.com/


Here's hoping Matt makes the move that will make him the most happy. Whatever and whereever it may be.

SlamJamz will continue to cover this story as it develops over the next few days, so be sure to stay tuned here, and to PWInsider.Com for the latest news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home